Minutes of Meeting in Kings Head, Bird Street, on Monday 8th January 2018@ 8pm
Present: D Dixon (chairman), J Adams, B Pretty, D James, KV Wasdell, P Martin, R Henshaw, I Jackson; R Hartley, T Thompson, J Woodcock, G Hudson, A Hutchinson, C Mellor
Apologies for Absence – D Bathurst, R Hockney, M Frayn, G Wilcox, P Bates, P Mullarkey
Minutes of previous meeting –approved.
Abellio – we were joined by David Whitley who is Head of Route for West Midlands Trains’ Cross City and Chase line services. David spoke frankly about the new franchise, in particular:
• Stringent financial penalties for under performance
• New timetables will see trains four times an hour on weekdays to Lichfield Trent Valley wef Dec 2018 and Sunday service to be the same as Saturday service wef May 2021
• New 3 car trains have been ordered but he expects them to run as 6 cars in service. They will have through gangways, and better in-train and station information
• Role of Conductor – more will be expected from them in terms of Customer Service. Abellio is committed to having two members of staff on each train (presumably driver AND conductor)
• Oyster Card type ticketing will be developed
• CCTV on all trains within next six months to assist Revenue Protection teams whose work is being extended to include deterring anti-social behaviour.
LTV Car Park – ramp from new car park to southbound platform was refused by DfT but a new request will be submitted. Car park capacity – recognises a proper study is needed of options. Walking route from Trent Valley Road needs improving.
Toilets at both stations – hopeful that they will be fully operational in Spring 2018 at City Station. No commitment for those at LTV. Longer term, it may be possible to move the toilets at City station to the ground floor. (We wondered if it might be better to move the station staff to platform level)
Meeting with MP – planned for 2nd February (Friday) in Kings Head. Chairman (unable to attend as on holiday) will revise list of topics which we wish him to address.
Administration – Treasurer advised cash balance of £750 and reminded members that subscriptions are now due for 2018 – £8 single, £10 Joint – please pay promptly.
Next Meetings both at Kings Head at 8pm
(i) 2nd February with Michael Fabricant
(ii) 12th February monthly meeting