PRESENT), J Adams, I Jackson, R Hartley, A Hutchinson, D James, G Hudson, P Bates, V Wasdell, P Cousins, D Bathurst, J Woodcock, R Patching, J McGlade
APOLOGIES Messrs Dixon, Frayn, Pretty, Hockney, Rathbone, Martin, Sheridan, Thompson and Ms Cooper.
MINUTES of March meeting and AGM in April had been circulated by e-mail.
JA chaired the meeting in the absence of TT and reported on recent Committee meeting:
- Welcomed the involvement of both our MP and MH from WMRE in pursuing the possibility of re-opening Passenger services to Burton and beyond.
- Considered speakers for future meetings -eg Fay Easton (now booked for August), F Thomas, C Horton, representatives from WMRE and Lichfield DC, possibly Network Rail. Also to keep in touch with L McCord of Transport Focus.
- JA and TT had attended the launch of the Chase Line electrification and taken the opportunity to speak to F Thomas to press him for a more urgent approach to pedestrian safety at LTV. He offered to get Network Rail and ourselves involved.
- STATIONS – LTV lifts should now be completed in July. Ramp from car park to up platform needs to be pursued. Obsolete signage for toilets at City Station needs to be removed.
- NEW TIMETABLE – i) morning service to Stoke is not convenient with a gap of nearly 90 minutes. Ii) Some concern that with all Cross City services being extended to LTV there will be a risk of more frequent turn-rounds at Blake Street – to be monitored. Iii) Unclear why Saturday timetable is not as good as the Mon-Fri service. Iv) noted that LNWR services of 8 cars will have only front 4 cars available at Rugeley TV iv) new printed Crewe timetable shows DD as our contact – we will ask for this to be amended.
- TREASURER/MEMBERSHIP – Funds approx. £1k. 40 Members
- PUBLICITY/WEBSITE – i) DJ letter to publicise new timetable printed in Lichfield Mercury ii) DJ has produced a new map for website showing Lichfield at the crossroads of SW/NE travel with WC main line. Cost £60 agreed with webmaster.
- OTHER BUSINESS i) should we review our thoughts about a Derby/Sutton/Birmingham Airport service? Ii)VW has reminded local Hammerwich residents that the Lichfield/Walsall is still a live railway, just out of use. Iii) plans for Duddeston servicing depot are likely to be approved following some local objections. Iv) Pentalver are developing a rail freight depot near A461 at Cannock
- NEXT MEETING 17th June